Duck Whole Foie Gras Hamper
Click Image for Gallery
Contains foie gras from Perigord, the South-West of France and Landes. While the areas are separated by several hundred kilometres, producers in each are extremely proud of their products which remain true to their area.
Perfect for lovers of duck foie gras, our All Duck hamper contains three foies gras, providing you with the opportunity to discover their wonderfully different flavours.
Each from very different areas: the coastal Landes region, by the Atlantic; the valleys of the Perigord; and the beautiful Regional Park of Haut Languedoc at the foot of the Montagne Noire. All three areas proudly adhere to their traditions and continue to produce authentically tasting foie gras.
Contents of our All Duck hamper
- 130g Espinet Whole Perigord duck foie gras
- 130g « Pré aux Canards » Whole duck foie gras Foie Gras from the South-West
- 180g Domaine de Castelnau Label Rouge duck foie gras
- All of these duck foies gras are excellent, yet have their own distinct flavour. The Espinet foie gras has a balanced, natural taste, whereas the « Pré aux Canards » is more robust with rustic tones. The Domaine de Castelnau is the most robust, authentic, coarse and peppery.
Advice when tasting
- If you are tasting the three foies gras at the same time, we recommend beginning with the Espinet, followed by the « Pré aux Canards » and finally the Domaine de Castelnau.
Suggested servings per person
- As a starter, 50 to 60g per person
- As canapés, 10 to 15g per piece (and you’ll soon see that you need several of these per person)
- Perfect as a starter for that special meal with your friends, family or neighbours
- If you are invited to dinner, these foies gras accompanied by a bottle of wine make a perfect gift for your hosts
- These foies gras make a wonderful gift for friends, giving them the opportunity to experience the wonderful flavours of some authentic products – so different from the mass-produced versions found on the supermarket shelves.
- Several years in a cool, dry place
- 130g Espinet Perigord whole duck foie gras : Duck foie gras, salt and pepper
- 130g « Pré aux Canards » whole duck foie gras from the South-West : Duck foie gras from the South-West, salt and pepper
- 180g Domaine de Castelnau Label Rouge duck foie gras: Label Rouge duck foie gras from the Landes region, salt, pepper.