Espinet PGI Perigord Duck Whole Foie Gras 180 g (6.34 oz)
Click Image for Gallery
The Perigord PGI (Protected Geographical Indication) enables the consumer to choose, with transparency and reliability, those foies gras for which the quality and geographical origin are guaranteed. The ducks are raised in Perigord, close to where the product is manufactured. This means that frequent quality checks are able to be conducted by external agencies which ensure that production standards (hygiene within the areas in which the animals are raised, product traceability, large spaces available for the ducks) are maintained.
- Ingredients: Perigord duck liver, Armagnac, salt and pepper.
- No added preservatives, colours or other additives.
- 180 grammes is sufficient for a starter for 3 to 4 people.
- Flavour: Espinet duck foie gras has a natural, rounded taste.
- La « Maison Espinet » is a modestly sized company based in Périgueux, a Prefecture in Dordogne. Espinet has been producing high-quality foie gras for 100 years to grace some of the finest dining tables in France and across the globe. It was, in fact, a « Maison Espinet » foie gras that was served to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II on her last state visit to France.
- Serving suggestions: perfect as a starter for a meal for two. A few slices of foie gras on some lightly toasted bread, served with a glass of Bergerac or Montbazillac will bring back memories of time spent in Perigord.
- Storage: several years in a cool, dry place. The best before date is shown on the label.
- Price per 100g : £18.89 // US$ 27.22 // 21,67 euros // CA$ 32.78 // AU$ 34.44 // NZ$ 36.67