Groliere Perigord Goose Whole Foie Gras 300 g (10.58 oz)
Conserving a whole goose liver is the most authentic and traditional approach. This whole foie gras will seduce both experts and lovers of this delicacy which is the very epitomy of French gastronomy.
- Ingredients: Perigord goose liver, salt and pepper.
- Piece of one whole Perigord foie gras, seasoned with salt and pepper, preserved in jar.
- 300g is sufficient for a starter for a meal for a family of 6.
- Perigord whole foie gras complies with exacting product standards which set it apart from standard foies gras. In addition, the geese are raised in the open air and in freedom on family-run farms in Perigord. They are raised in line with strict welfare standards and are fed mainly on corn grown locally in South-West France.
- Grolière goose whole foie gras has a light, delicate and highly refined flavour.
- Grolière is renowned for its extremely high quality Perigord products which it has been successfully producing for more than 50 years.
- Awards : Grolière whole foie gras was awarded the Palmes d’Or du Perigord in 2013 and 2014 at the Goose Fair in Thiviers (Perigord), a silver medal at the Paris Agricultural Show and a silver medal at the Saint-Sever (Landes) Foie Gras Competition in 2013.
- Serving suggestions: this product is the perfect starter for an intimate meal for two. A few slices of foie gras served on a plate, along with a glass of light white wine or a little champagne is sure to provide an unforgettable moment.
- Storage: will keep for several years in a cool, dry place. A best before date is shown on the label. It should be chilled for several hours before serving and can be kept in the fridge for a few days once opened.
- Price per 100g : £ 23 // US$ 29.67 // 26 euros // CA$ 39 // AU$ 41.67 // NZ$ 45
For your health, the producer of Grolière foie gras does not add any colourings or preservatives to whole goose foies gras, which may have an impact on some of the whole goose foies gras. Indeed, some whole goose foies gras may have a grey colour, which may seem "surprising".
Don't worry, this is normal, and in no way means that the product is not good, but on the contrary that it is a natural, authentic and tasty foie gras.