Pré aux Canards PGI SW France Duck Whole Foie Gras 180 g
Click Image for Gallery
The « Pré aux Canards » foie gras is has a full and spicy flavour.
- Ingredients: duck liver from South-West France, salt and pepper.
- Duck foie gras from South-West France, salt, pepper. No added preservatives, colour or additives.
- 180g is sufficient for a starter for 3 to 4 people.
- The South West France PGI (Protected Geographical Indication) guarantees a high product standard which is checked by the French National Institute for Origin and Quality (INAO). The INAO ensures that products meet a number of criteria, including that the ducks must be reared and the foie gras be produced in the south-west of France, which means that there is no unnecessary transport involved. The ducks must be able to roam in freedom and fed a corn-based diet.
- The « Pré aux Canards » whole foie gras is produced by a co-operative located in southern Tarn, in the Haut Languedoc Regional Park. This co-operative’s strength lies in its ability to manage the entire production process, from the rearing of the ducks by its members to the preserving of the foie gras in a modern factory where those involved in processing adhere rigidly to traditional methods. All the Pré aux Canards’ whole foies gras are prepared with the aim of ensuring that the finished product retains a homemade quality with a flavour that is full and rich.
- Serving suggestions: a generous slice of Pré aux Canards’ whole foie gras, together with a few vegetables, a little fresh (or lightly toasted) bread and a glass of white wine will put you in a good mood for the rest of your meal!
- Storage: several years in a cool, dry place.
- Price per 100g : £17.76 // $27.22