Domaine Castelnau, tradition, and environmental respect.
Foie gras with the red label (Label Rouge) guarantees that it is a superior quality product.
- The Label Rouge label was created in 1965 with the aim of recognizing agricultural producers who are committed to producing exceptional products, while meeting demanding standards to offer consumers a variety of delicious, high-quality products, setting them apart from other traditional producers.
- The specifications for foie gras with the Label Rouge label are the most stringent. It is a rare and hard-to-find delicacy, as there are numerous foie gras producers in Landes. Very few of them have been willing to meet such high demands, and even fewer have obtained the right to display the "Label Rouge" quality guarantee, yet it allows them to produce high-quality foie gras with intense flavor.
Domaine Castelnau, the commitment to preserving a traditional, specialized process for producing high-quality foie gras.
- The Foie Gras de Chalosse cooperative, which produces Domaine Castelnau foie gras, was established through the initiative of Landes producers who aimed to collaborate in crafting excellent foie gras. The cooperative members' objective was not to continually enhance production techniques to cut costs; quite the opposite, their goal was to faithfully preserve the traditional methods of the past, ensuring the creation of a classic foie gras with an authentic flavor.
- The members of the cooperative are committed to respecting the environment and maintaining the well-being of their business. In addition, the farms located around them produce their corn and raise ducks, allowing them to move freely outdoors.
- Domaine Castelnau wants to produce foie gras without using artificial products. To do this, they follow techniques from the producers who preceded them, giving time to time and maintaining a deep respect for the natural cycle of nature.
- This foie gras is sourced from free-range ducks raised on corn in the southern Landes. Formerly known as Gascogne, this region boasts stunning green landscapes composed of agricultural fields shared between duck farming and corn cultivation.
Flavors and tasting tips.
- Flavor: Domaine Castelnau's whole duck foie gras boasts a robust, rustic taste with a pronounced peppery intensity.
- Serving Suggestions: This exquisite product serves as the perfect appetizer to elevate a meal to an exceptional level. Whether placed on a salad or served with fresh or toasted bread, it pairs beautifully with a glass of wine for a romantic dinner.
- Recommendation: Place it in the refrigerator for a few hours before consuming it.
- Quantity: 120 grams of foie gras corresponds perfectly to a starter for two people.
Ingredients: Label Rouge duck foie gras from Landes, salt and pepper (No artificial colors or additives).
- The optimal consumption date of the product is inscribed on the base of the jar, however, this product can be stored for several years in a cool, dry place. Once uncovered, foie gras can be kept for a few days in the refrigerator in its jar.