Servings: 4 servings
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Resting time: 5 minutes
• 30 g unsalted butter + more for greasing the molds
• 30 g wheat flour
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
• 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
• 160 ml milk
• 2 eggs
• 100 g goose foie gras block
1. Preheat your oven to 200° C (390° F).
2. In a small saucepan, melt the butter, then add the flour and mix until well combined.
3. Season with salt, pepper, ginger, and nutmeg.
4. Add milk, a little at a time, stirring constantly until you get a fluid cream. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
5. Beat the 2 egg yolks, then add them to the béchamel you've just made.
6. Add the foie gras to the mixture, stirring with a hand whisk to mix well. Set aside.
7. Whip the 2 egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped egg whites into the mixture until fully combined.
8. Grease your baking molds with butter or olive oil, divide the mixture between the molds and bake for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, turn off the oven and let the soufflé rest inside the opened oven for 5 minutes, before removing them.
9. Enjoy your soufflés while they're still warm.