DUCK FOIE GRAS WITH SESAME AND FIG CHUTNEY
|FOR 4 SERVINGS
- 100g fresh figs
- 50g dried figs
- Sherry vinegar
- Sesame seeds
- 10g butter
- 10g caster sugar
- 50 ml orange juice
- Fleur de sel
- Freshly ground pepper
- Chop the fresh and dried figs into 5mm pieces and keep aside separately.
- Melt the butter.
- Add the sugar to melted butter and let the mixture begin to caramelize.
- Add the fresh figs and cook for a few minutes, then stir in the dried figs.
- Add the orange juice and bring to a boil.
- Deglaze with sherry vinegar.
- Place in refrigerator to chill.
- Roll the foie gras in the sesame seeds.
- Present this dish as you desire. Do remember to season your foie gras with fleur de sel and freshly ground pepper.
Back to Articles about Foie Gras