Périgord Goose Foie Gras block from 'J. Grolière is ideal for spreading on toast as an aperitif.
Périgord Goose Foie Gras block: An official designation aimed at promoting the quality of French goose foie gras.
- Périgord goose foie gras adheres to very strict conditions with the intention of distinguishing itself from other standard-quality products. Additionally, the geese are raised freely in family-run farms in Périgord with access to open spaces.
Grolière is respected in Périgord for the quality of its products.
- Since 1960, Grolière has earned its reputation for producing high-quality products. Its commitment to ensuring the authentic flavor of its foie gras products and to using traditional methods for their conservation has led to Grolière being recognized regularly at agricultural shows and competitions.
Flavors and tasting tips.
- Flavor: Grolière's block of whole goose foie gras has a wonderfully delicate flavor and a beautifully smooth texture.
- Périgord blocks of goose foie gras are made from Périgord goose livers that have been mechanically processed in a vacuum to provide a product with a consistent texture, a refined taste, and without obvious fat.
- Serving suggestions: Turn out the foie gras and cut into even slices to serve as an aperitif on bread or toast. Alternatively, serve as a starter, either on its own with a little sea salt or with fig jam.
- Recommendation: Place it in the refrigerator for a few hours before consuming it.
- 130 grams is sufficient for a starter for two or three people.
Ingredients: Reconstituted Périgord goose liver, water, salt, sugar, and pepper.
- It does not contain preservatives, colorings, additives, or artificial flavors.
- The optimal consumption date is indicated on the label; however, it can be stored in a cool, dry place for several years. Once the foie gras is open, it can be kept in the refrigerator for several days, placed on a small plate, and covered with plastic wrap.